Our occupational therapists are clinically trained to work with clients of all ages who experience various injuries, illnesses and age-related difficulties.
Occupational therapists can enhance the ability of someone to carry out their everyday activities safely and independently within their environments. Environments in which these tasks can be carried out include within the home, workplace or the community. Examples of the services our therapists can provide include:
- Maximise functional capacity and occupational performance within daily life to increase or re-establish quality of life
- Adapting everyday environments so you can stay independent for as long as possible
Our therapists strive to work with the individual to tailor their needs and functional occupation-based goals. This may involve direct intervention or rehabilitation with the client, close liaison with the family or carer, advice on relevant equipment, or consideration of adaptations to the person’s home or work environment.
We often assist patients in the following areas:
- Transitioning back into the home following hospitalisation
- Rehabilitation following injury, illness or surgery
- Assessing and assisting with activities of everyday living such as mobilisation, showering, food preparation, etc
- Developing strategies and structures to enable access to the community
- Developing strategies to enable independence and safety in the home
Our occupational therapists may make recommendations for the purchase and supply of aids and equipment and provide education to adopt new approaches to assist with showering, dressing or meal preparation.
The professional advice and service provided by our Occupational Therapists regarding home modifications often allows clients to remain at home safely, independently and for a longer period of time.
For more information on our occupational therapy services, call 1800 085 030 or contact us.